Site Architecture & Search Engine Success Factors
With the right follow up and a list of sequence, Site architecture comes next. It is one major part of the Periodic Table of SEO Success factors, On-the-page group. One should be aware of the right and wrong structure which can either be gain or damage.
Site Crawlability (Ac)
There is one specific to know about search engines. They crawl websites. They are like a speed-reader, which shifts from one to another, real quick. Sometimes, they even get copies of pages and store it. Index, this is how the store seems like. It is nothing more than a web book which is easy to access, with a collection of wide.
This data-house starts to work when someone pops up with their queries. The search engine checks through Index, find the relevant page and puts forward. These forwards are like in sequence of appropriation. So, one must know, this crawling for them would work only when they exist in Index. This Index will have them only when crawled. It’s like a cycle. To gain, you have to be on the list first.
Generally, there exists no issue with crawls. But sometimes there might occur instances when-
- Like everything that works in order, even the crawl has the same. They have a budget, a time limit (with every day crawl), etc.
Some sites can improve their crawls for the pages of relevancy. The efficiency can even improve if-
- Robots.txt gets used right
- Internal link structure used proper
- The idea of certain URL based pages not crawled, etc.
All are used for improvement.
For better use and avoiding issues, Sitemaps is considerable. HTML and XML, both can become reasons for consideration. They will sort issues and improve crawls.
A better search engine is human-friendly, all we need is to use it well. It’s based on the relative trust and authority of a site.
- Improving the crawl and the relevancy don’t forget the fact,
- Mobile devices usage > Desktop. Even search engines like Google and Bing are trying to reward sites. They reward for better accessible sites through phones.
This reward is an opportunity to gain. Get it before someone else does and make the visitors satisfied. App indexing and better linking are other options to get add ups in a list of advantages. So, one must be mobile and for better learning can refer to the other chapters.
There are reasons why Canonicalization is important.
- Sometimes, it does happen that the Index maintained by Goggle becomes a mess. With every flip same content gets found. There occurs an issue of which page should show up for search results.
- Issues also occur when people link the same page with varied but different versions. Don’t, as because these links hold trust, an authority. If the same gets split up with varied versions it will give distorted results. It also gives lower value to the page.
Be sure, you get one version. This will give fruits rather than taking away opportunities.
A duplicate version, it can exist with or without a www. Instead of redirecting, they will act like an existence creep. Remember, there might be indexation of a page in search engines by e-commerce sites. But what would lack? A proper appearance. As all search for content using URL and not a particular page. Neither for making it look like another page add anything at end of URL.
When there are ways for accidental to address URL bloat, there exist means to address same. Addressing with proper implementation and results is possible when-
- 301 redirects get implemented
- There are rel=canonical tags
- URL parameters get managed
- There are better and effective Pagination strategies, etc
Make sure to use them well.
Site Speed (As)
Speedy sites get a small ranking advantage over the slower sites. This is a declared fact by Google, which is trying to make web faster place. But then, being fast doesn’t guarantee you to be on search results top. The minor factor it is. It impacts the 100 queries, only one.
Although the same might bring in other factors improvement. Engagement or conversions are the answer for one among such factors. It will depend upon the load time and its speed. So, it is an appreciated effort, either way.
Are the URLs descriptive? (Au)
The words used, its connection with URLs and Domain, it can all improve ranking. If you feel a need to make it descriptive, do so.
HTTPs/Secure site (Ah)
Remember, a small boost to the HTTPS using sites gets a small boost from Google. It keeps track over such HTTPS running servers and its complete web running. It helps them provide the web surfers better security.
Boosting site speed is one among other factors used by Google. It does so when it seems considerate to rank your web page. But boost doesn’t come in with the guarantee of getting you on top of results. It can although be a great search success if the secure site is what you plan to run.